Well it’s been a week since I thought much about anything but fun and sun! We spent the week in Myrtle Beach with my grandparents, where they have a home.
It was a week filled with memories and fun. According to GoogleMaps, from CT, it’s about 12 hours away. According to our clock, with 2 little boys and countless rest stops, it was closer to 17. Either way, we had so many fun adventures!
A few of our favorite MUST SEE’s if you are headed that way are:
1. The BEACH! We live near the ocean in our own home, but it’s awesome to be near the big rolling waves that South Carolina has to offer!
2.Broadway at the Beach- This place was SUPER fun! There are countless restaurants, unique shops, Ripley’s Aquarium, and even fireworks on Tuesday nights! It was so much fun to walk around and take in the South Carolina summer feel.
3.Ripley’s Aquarium- We visited this attraction our first day, and boy oh boy, it was a favorite for my boys! We all loved the amazing shark tunnel inside. It was incredible!
4. Family Kingdom- This amusement park is right across the street from the beach. It had more rides than I could count for my little ones, both between 32-52 inches. Many of those rides did have a maximum height of 52, so my 51″ tall son was a little sad he would outgrow them by next time! One of the best things about this place is that you can either purchase a ride band (for about 30 bucks) and ride unlimited rides, or you can purchase tickets ( 1 something each) and most rides are between 2 and 5 tickets. If you don’t want to ride, you don’t have to pay at all! We also found out that they offer a local discount, so my grandparents were able to take advantage of that!
5. Market Commons- This place reminded me of a really unique shopping mall. It is arranged in a “block” rather than strip mall format and had wonderful shops and restaurants. Our favorite part was the Movie theater, with stadium seating, comfy leather chairs, and excellent matinee prices. We finally saw the Minions movie, which the boys loved. It was a great way to escape the heat!
6. Joe’s Diner by the Airport- Yes that’s really the name of this cute little diner. The service was excellent and the food was good. It has the perfect southern diner feel. We really enjoyed it!
7. Carolina Roadhouse- This was one of our favorite places to eat. I ordered the Killer Dog, simply because it’s their specialty. Apparently foot long hot dogs there are quite a bit thicker and meatier than here! I felt full just from looking at it! The prices were reasonable and the service was awesome!
I know this is a teaching blog, but I, for one, wait all year long for the chance to enjoy summer fun like this!